The XCAN is a configurable input/output (I/O) module that provides the ability to add analog and digital I/O to the J1939 CANbus. The module is typically installed on mechanical engines to collect sensor data including ENGINE SPEED, OIL PRESSURE, ENGINE TEMPERATURE, FUEL LEVEL and BATTERY VOLTAGE which is then broadcast via J1939 for communication and integration with other J1939 devices, displays and systems.
Dipswitches provide for easy-to-configure settings. Six switches define the type and message format of the analog inputs. Two switches set the J1939 address of the module. The module is water tight with water tight, plug and play connectors. LED's are provided to identify unit power, relay states and CANbus activity. The two relay are actuated via J1939 messages.
• Operating Voltage: 5.5VDC to 32VDC
• Maximum Current at 12.6VDC: 150mA
• Reverse Polarity Protection: YES
• Transient Voltage Protection: YES
• Load Dump Protection: YES
• Analog Inputs: 3 (0-5V, 4-20mA or Resistive)
• Speed Input: 1 (Magnetic Pickup or Alternator Tach)
• Digital Inputs: 2 (Configurable N/O or N/C)
• Relay Outputs: 2 (5A Form A)
• J1939 CANbus
• Enclosure: IP67
• Connectors: Deutsch DT Series
• Approx. Shipping Weight: 10 oz.
• Approx. Dimensions: 1.25"H x 5"W x 1.5"D.
• Operating/Storage Range: -40°F/-40°C to 176°F/80°C
• Factory Configuration
• Dipswitches for Configuration Settings